Cassie grew up in the Gold Coast’s hinterland on Tamborine Mountain. She has been with the company since 2012 initially as an optical assistant and now as an optometrist. Cassie excelled at QUT in her clinical and theoretical studies and also completed part of her degree at the University of Waterloo in Canada. Cassie is therapeutically endorsed and is certified to prescribe ocular medications.
Cassie enjoys working in private practice, seeing patients and helping them with their vision problems. She has a particular interest in children’s behavioural vision care, specialty contact lenses and myopia control. Cassie consults out of both the Tweed Heads and Burleigh Waters branches.
In her spare time, Cassie still connects with her acting past (she has an acting degree!) and performs in local productions. She also has a slight obsession with dogs and Harry Potter. She will also gladly take your travel tips as a passionate globe trotter.
- Bachelor of Vision Science with Distinction, QUT
- Masters of Optometry with Distinction, QUT
- Bachelor of Theatre Arts (Acting) with Distinction, USQ
- Therapeutically Endorsed
- Member of the Optometrists Association Australia
- Member of the Cornea and Contact Lens Society Australia
- Member of the Orthokeratology Society of Oceania
- Member of the Australasian College of Behavioural Optometry