Your First Visit to Envision Optical
Your eyes are completely unique to you, and your vision is so essential to everything you do, from success in your profession or your child’s schooling to enjoying all of the outdoor adventures our community offers. We endeavour to provide the most comprehensive eye care available to support your comfort, enjoyment and lifestyle. We believe our optical teams at both locations are among the best in the profession. Naturally, their clinical care is top-notch, but it’s their ability to connect with our patients that makes everyone feel welcome and confident in their care.
When you first arrive at Envision Optical with Gold Coast locations in Burleigh Waters or Tweed Heads, we provide a comprehensive eye exam and discuss any changes to your vision or concerns you may have.
Eye exams include:
- Review of medical history or any changes.
- Overview of your family vision history.
- Discussion of your visual symptoms or changes.
- Check for any conditions such as cataracts, macular degeneration and glaucoma.
We also perform binocular tests to measure your eye coordination and focus. And we measure your intra-ocular (eye) pressure and take photographs of your retina and optical nerve.
We compile this data to come up with an overview of your eye health and any conditions that may be developing. We take plenty of time to discuss our findings, what everything means for you and how we can treat or promote better vision for you.
If You Have a Specific Condition or Concern
If you have a specific vision condition or disorder, such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, conjunctivitis, or you need specific eyewear, we will conduct additional tests and make treatment recommendations based on your needs. Every appointment is tailored to precisely what you need to achieve optimal eye health and clear vision.
A few things to remember about your exam:
- There are no wrong answers, and it’s ok if you’re not certain about something. We are here to guide you and help.
- You shouldn’t worry about contradicting answers. Vision can change with the environment and work you do.
- Don’t be alarmed if your vision seems different or worse during the exam. This will resolve.
- You are welcome to ask as many questions as you need to. Your vision is so important, and we want you to understand everything completely.
First Visit FAQs
Do I need a referral for an eye exam?
No, you do not need a referral for an eye exam at Envision Optical. If you have been referred by your doctor, optometrist or specialist for any of our specialty care, please bring the letter to your appointment.
Do I need to bring anything to my appointment?
Please bring a list of your current medications, any current glasses, sunglasses and your current contact lens prescription details. Also, details of any previous treatment for surgery on your eyes you may have had.
Will my pupils be dilated?
Due to the modern high-tech examination techniques we use, we do not routinely dilate pupils and will advise you if this is necessary. If need be, we can book this back in for a convenient time when you can bring a driver.