Eye Exams in Burleigh Waters and Tweed Heads, QLD
Routine eye tests play a significant role in ensuring that your eyes stay healthy. They not only tell your optometrist whether you need to start wearing glasses or change prescriptions, but they are also necessary for detecting common eye-related medical conditions.
For most adults, our Gold Coast optometrists recommend an eye examination every two years. Adults over the age of 61 require annual eye tests, as do those with risk factors such as diabetes or high blood pressure.
Our goal at Envision Optical is for your vision test to be a pleasant, informative and comfortable experience.
What You Should Know About Your Next Eye Examination
When you plan for your routine eye test at one of our modern optometry clinics, you can expect it to last for about 30-45 minutes. Several tests need to be conducted during this appointment that will help our optometrists thoroughly and accurately assess your eye health and vision.
- There are no wrong answers, so don’t worry about making a mistake.
- At times it may seem that your answers contradict each other, but don’t be concerned; this is all part of the process of gathering information to accurately assess your vision and eye health.
- It is important to provide as much information as you can. If you can’t answer some questions, however, please don’t hesitate to say so.
- You may find that for a few minutes during your exam, your vision may seem to be getting worse instead of better. This is nothing to be alarmed about and is part of the evaluation process.
What to Expect During Your Eye Exam and Vision Assessment
To perform a thorough assessment of your eye health and vision, our optometrists will work with you to evaluate the following during your examination:
- Eye health
- Medical history
- Overall physical health
- Lazy eye (amblyopia)
- Macula health
- Keratoconus (thinning of the cornea)
- Red, dry or swollen eyes
- Itchy or burning eyes, allergies
- Headaches, eye pain
Vision assessments are integral in allowing Andrew Bowden, Nicole Arnold or Cassie Baan to monitor for vision-threatening diseases or conditions.
When it comes to your precious sight, it's best to detect and treat as early as possible to keep your eyesight fully operational. During the vision assessment, Andrew will check for signs of abnormal vision or symptoms.
- Vision clarity (myopia, astigmatism, hyperopia)
- Colour vision
- Ability to focus (presbyopia)
- Eye muscle control
- Blurred or double vision
- Sensitivity to light, halos or floating spots in vision
We also offer driving and pilot assessments to ensure safe travels.
After Your Eye Examination Is Complete
After we have performed a thorough assessment of your vision and eye health, our optometrists will carefully explain their findings. If they determine that you require preventive or remedial care—including glasses, contact lenses, or orthokeratology—they will explain the next steps and get you on the road to clearer vision.
If you have questions, rest-assured our optometrists are here to answer them for you.
Is It Time to Arrange an Eye Exam?
If you have not had your vision and eye health checked recently, the optometrists at Envision Optical would be happy to book an appointment for you. We have two locations on the Gold Coast in Tweed Heads and Burleigh Waters.