Owner, Managing Director, Optometrist
Since graduating from QUT with honours in 1995, Andrew has worked in private practice on the Gold Coast and New Farm in Brisbane. In 2001, he returned to Visions and became a partner in January 2003. After becoming Managing Partner in 2006, Andrew was responsible for the oversight of the ten Visions practices, including business operations and staff management. In addition to this, he also managed to see patients 3-4 days a week!
In 2010, due to changes in the industry and different ideas on how to move forward, the partners disbanded the Visions Group, and Andrew decided to form his own independent eye care brand that could offer Gold Coast residents a unique individualised experience. A local brand, with local relationships, and genuinely part of the local community.
With his wife Honor, an artist, they conceived an eye care brand that would truly create individual solutions for each unique client/patient that walked in the door.
Andrew usually consults at Treetops, Burleigh Waters, and Tweed Heads South each week. His professional passion is providing quality vision and eye health outcomes to his patients.
Andrew is excited to be delivering industry-leading technology in preventative vision and eye health management, including vision correction utilising orthokeratology (Ortho-K) and myopia control lenses, preventative eye health care via nutrition and diet management, particularly in the areas of macular health, dry eyes, and computer-based therapy for binocular vision disorders and reading difficulties.
He is passionate about Envision using cutting edge technology such as OCT scanning, MPOD macular health measurement, and digital scans to provide optimal eye health care. Andrew was one of the first optometrists in Queensland to offer IPL therapy for Dry Eyes.
Andrew completed the SUNY Ocular Therapeutics course in 1997, a post-graduate qualification in business management in 2002 and several short courses through the Australian Institute of Management. He underwent specialty training in Ortho-K in 2004. In 2009, Andrew completed the Graduate Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics at QUT and became certified to prescribe ocular medications.
He served as a clinical supervisor at QUT from 1998-2000. In 2011, Andrew became a member of the Ocular Nutrition Society of America, to further his knowledge in the area of nutrition in eye care. In 2012, he became an accredited aviation vision examiner for the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
In his spare time, Andrew enjoys spending time with his wife and 3 children, listening to music and attending live shows, travel, cooking and eating out, reading, politics and world events, watching cricket, rugby and basketball, and fishing.
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Optometry (Hons) QUT 1995
- SUNY Ocular Therapeutics Certificate 1997
- Graduate Certificate Ocular Therapeutics QUT 2009
- Certificate Small Business Management 2002
- Credentialed Optometrist CASA 2012
- Diagnostic Ophthalmic Drugs Certificate
- Member of the Optometrists Association Australia
- Member of the Cornea and Contact Lens Society Australia
- Member of the Orthokeratology Society of Oceania
- Member of the International Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control
- Member of the Ocular Nutrition Society
- Member of the Australasian College of Behavioural Optometry
- Member of the International Keratoconus Academy
- Member of the Central Gold Coast Chamber of Commerce